Been a while since I last posted anything about Makoto Shinkai. Thanks to Daike-san, who has been too busy with work lately to update his fansite, for letting me know about this upcoming orchestral CD.
To commemorate Anime director Makoto Shinkai and musician Tenmon’s collaboration for the past ten years, an orchestral image album featuring their work dubbed “Promise” is due on December 9th for 2900 Yen (US$31).
The “HQ CD” will contain the following select 13 tracks from Shinkai’s three commercialised movies and one of his more personal works, “She and Her Cat“.
- One More Chance, One More Time (Instrumental)
- Omoide wa Tooku no Hibi [Memories are Distant Days]
- Kanae no Kimochi [Kanae's Feelings]
- The Place Promised in Our Early Days Theme
- Futari no Keikaku / Kibou to Akogare [Their Plan / Hope and Aspiration]
- The Place Promised in Our Early Days Theme (Piano Version)
- Futari no Kattou [Their Differences]
- Kimi no Koe (Instrumental) [Your Voice]
- Through the Years and Far Away
- Mikako kara no Tayori [News from Mikako]
- She and Her Cat Theme
- Bonus Track – She and Her Cat Theme (Piano Version)
As the CD’s name suggests, the songs will be performed by the Australia based orchestra, Eminence Symphony Orchestra who also plays for the annual “A Night in Fantasia” Anime and game music concert.
All tracks will be recorded on “HQ CDs” that (according to the site) only came about in 2008 and claims to make use of a new improved polycarbonate material to ensure sounds are as close to the original as possible by ensuring the reflective readability and durability of the disc is higher than that of a normal CD.